No one likes having the blackheads on their face or any other part of the body. When they keep coming up, it can often be a nuisance to someone. What happens when the blackhead grows into a big one? It is always important that you get to use the right methods to get rid of the blackheads. Home remedies seem like the new way to do things. So, what are the best home remedies? We have some of the top home remedies that you could use when it comes to removing a large blackhead below.
Mục Lục Nội Dung
- 1 Top Home Remedies to Remove a Large Blackhead
- 1.1 Deep Cleansing
- 1.2 Facial Steaming
- 1.3 Baking Soda Mask
- 1.4 Blackhead extraction tool
- 1.5 Using a tissue paper or surgical gloves
- 1.6 Skin toning treatment
- 1.7 Sea salts and lemon juice
- 1.8 Fuller’s earth and avocados mask
- 1.9 Buttermilk and nutmeg powder
- 1.10 Apple cider vinegar and raw honey
- 2 Tips to prevent big zit
Top Home Remedies to Remove a Large Blackhead
This process helps with removing the excess oil and dirt from your skin surface
– Exfoliating facial cleanser
– Start by cleaning the hands thoroughly using soap and water.
– Splash the face with water to soak it
– Next is to apply the exfoliating facial cleanser on the affected area or the whole face
– You now need to massage the area with the cleanser in a circular motion. Repeat doing so for about 2 minutes.
– Rinse off the face with clean water and pat your skin using a towel to deeply clean the affected area.
This method aims to loosen the blackheads and thus to make it easy for you to remove them.
– 1 liter of water
– A large pot
– A large towel
– Fill the large pot with 1 liter of water and then boil it. Remove the pot from the heat once it boils
– Bend over the pot keeping your face about 12 inches from the boiled water.
– Make sure to cover the head with the large towel to keep the steam from escaping
– Keep your face over the steam for about 10 minutes
– Remove the towel from the head and then splash your face with plain water and then pat the face to dry.
– The blackheads will be loosened with the hot water making it easy to remove them.
Baking Soda Mask
Baking soda is important drawing the impurities that might be embedded deep in your skin. This helps with removing blackheads and also skin exfoliating.
– 4 tsp of baking soda
– 1 tbsp of water
– Lukewarm water
– Add the baking soda to a small bowl and then add the 1 tbsp of water. Mix the two until you have a thick paste.
– Take this paste and apply to the affected area on your skin
– Give it about 10 minutes for the paste to dry on the spot
– Rinse the mask using lukewarm water to remove it all. This is proceeded by patting the skin dry.
Blackhead extraction tool
This method is used when you have to remove the blackheads completely. You will need to use a blackhead extraction tool.
– A blackhead extraction tool
– A tweezer
– Rubbing alcohol
– 3 cotton balls
– You have to sterilize the blackhead extraction tool or the tweezers by using the rubbing alcohol. The aim is to avoid infection.
– Place the loop end of the extraction tool over the blackhead and then press on the side of the blackhead.
– The pressure exerted will then remove the blockage over the pore
– If you are going to use the tweezer, then gently squeeze the blackhead until releases from the skin pore.
– Proceed to use the cotton balls that are saturated over the pore that just got unplugged.
Using a tissue paper or surgical gloves
This method is commonly used for the extraction of the biggest blackheads.
– Tissue paper
– Cotton balls
– Surgical gloves
– Rubbing alcohol
– Wear the surgical gloves on the hands or wrap the tissue paper around the forefingers
– Proceed to squeeze the blackhead with the fingers gently. Do not place the fingers too close to the blackhead as it does not help to release the blackhead.
– Continue with the pressure until the big blackhead, and the additional debris get completely removed
– Clean the area using cotton balls saturated with rubbing alcohol
– Avoid pressing your affected area too hard as it could lead to scarring
Skin toning treatment
This method is important for closing and tightening the pores after removing the blackhead. The process can also help prevent further blackheads from forming.
– Rose water
– Cotton ball
– Alcohol-free toner
– Soak the cotton ball in rose water or the toner
– Wipe the area that had the blackhead with the cotton ball
– You could also apply moisturizer to help the area heal faster
– It can only be performed after the removal of a big blackhead while at home
Sea salts and lemon juice
This method is known to have fast results, so you better try it out.
– Lukewarm water
– Lemon juice
– Sea salt
– Add the sea salt, water, and lemon juice in a small bowl
– Proceed to mix the three to form a thick paste
– Apply this paste to the affected area of the face. Massage the paste in the area for 2 minutes in a circular motion
– Let the mast dry for 5 minutes and then rinse with the lukewarm water and then dry the face with a towel.
– Repeat the process at least once a week to get right of the big blackheads
Fuller’s earth and avocados mask
This method will help you deal with the blackheads quickly in a natural way
– 2 tsp ripe avocado
– 1 tsp of Fuller’s earth
– Mix the fuller’s earth and avocado in a small bowl to form a smooth paste
– Apply this paste to your affected area to form a mask
– Let it dry for about 15 minutes before washing the area with water
– Repeat the process twice a week to deal with the big blackheads
Buttermilk and nutmeg powder
There are several reviews online that show this method is quite effective for removing blackheads. You too could benefit from it.
– 1 tsp of buttermilk
– 1 tsp Nutmeg powder
– Warm water
– Mix the buttermilk and nutmeg powder in a bowl to form a thin paste
– Proceed to apply the paste to the affected area and then massage in a circular motion for about a minute
– Allow the paste to dry for 10 minutes before washing it off with the warm water.
– Repeat the process at least twice a week for the best results
Apple cider vinegar and raw honey
It is amazing how cider vinegar and raw honey has quite the effect on the blackheads. Let us see how you can use them to your advantage.
– 1tsp raw honey
– ½ tsp Apple cider vinegar
– ½ tsp water
– A cotton ball
– You will have to take a shower to loosen some of the hardened blackheads
– Proceed to apply raw honey to the affected area
– Massage the honey into the area for about 3 minutes in a circular motion. Let the honey dry for about 10 minutes.
– Wash off the mask by using the lukewarm water then pat the skin to dry
– Then mix water with apple cider vinegar of equal amount in a small bowl. Mix the solution for a minute to combine it well. Use this solution to saturate the cotton ball.
– Apply the saturated cotton ball on the face.
Tips to prevent big zit
If you want to prevent the buildup of the blackheads, then the following tips should help you out.
– Make sure to wash your body or face at least twice with a high-quality cleanser
– Change the pillowcases weekly
– Avoid using harsh cleaners and soaps
– Do not wear oil-based makeup
– Wear little makeup as much as possible
All the remedies mentioned above are great and should help you with dealing with blackheads at home. You simply have to make sure to follow the steps given to avoid infection or scarring. They blackheads keep reoccurring; you can talk to your dermatologist about any new ways to deal with them.